Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Will Power for Today

Today was my last day of vacation. It is back to work tomorrow. I hate the thought of setting that alarm clock, but will be glad to get back into my routine on eating on a schedule, eating exactly what is planned and brought to work. Not have the pantry and fridge beckoning me to come. I also usually manage to get in 10,000 steps in each day at work as a nurse. It is not really aerobic, but I do get lots of steps in. I did my meal prep for the week and made some of my easy go-to things.

My daughter came home from school and decided to make home made chocolate chip cookies for a friend at school. I had to really use some will power to resist. It smelled SOoooo good. I put it on facebook as a status and got lots of words of encouragement and my WW buddy commented that if I ate one to remember to track it. I put it in the app and 2 cookies was 7 points. Just not worth it for an afternoon snack sitting in my sweat pants watching Law and Order on TV.....so I did what I thought was a smart thing. I went and brushed my teeth. I am one of those people who can't stand to eat after brushing their teeth. Something about that mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.