Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

The 23rd Psalm

Recently I heard a word about the Psalms.  We all can probably quote the 23rd Psalm from memory.  The Lord is my shepherd HE IS ALL I WANT!  He makes me to lie down in green pastures (doesn't that sound cool and refreshing.  I remember laying on the cool grass as a child).  He leads me beside still waters (Is there anything more soothing that a creek bed or the ocean?). He restores my soul (how many times do we call out to God for a renewal of our spirit?). He guides me (I am so thankful he is just a prayer away when I need encouragement and discernment).  Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will have no fear (I claim those promises often that He will never leave me, nor forsake me.  He will give me courage through those tough times).  Goodness and Mercy shall follow me my entire life (Wow!!!)   The 23rd Psalm really sounds like David, the author, was someone that has a real relationship with God doesn't it?

If you go back a chapter to Psalm 22, not really knowing when it was written in relation to Psalm 23.  It could have been days, weeks, months, maybe even years.  But just read those first few verses.
"My God, My God, why have you abandoned me?  Why are you so far away when I groan for help.  Every day I call to you, my God, but you don't answer.  Every night I lift my voice but I find no relief."

Our friends, Steve and Christie Bradford (of the Southern Gospel group the Bradfords) was with their youth group a couple of weeks ago in Nashville at Youth Evangelism Conference.  They were on top of the world, encouraging their youth group and worshiping and learning together.  They were likely very close to the Lord during that time.  They got a phone call that their 30 year old daughter Randi had died unexpectedly.  In an instant, their life changed.  I am sure that during this time they have both cried out, My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me? 

I am so thankful for the verse that says he will NEVER leave us, nor forsake us.  Although He might seem far away, he is only a prayer away and He can strengthen us and bring us through the trials of life. 

My prayer tonight is for Steve and Christie and their son Brandon.  May they find a peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.