Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Grilled Corn on the Cob

Our WW weekly booklet this week was about using spices to Spice Things Up.


We have been grilling quite a bit since the weather has been nice. My husband likes nothing better than a good ole burger on the grill. I had a burger (just on a plate without bun or condiments) along with grilled zucchini and grilled corn on the cob. I sorta hated to waste 3 points for that darn corn, but I figure a whole grain for 3 points is better for me than 4 points on a chocolate ice cream bar. I have been using I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on my corn. The nutritional information says 0 calories per spray. I plugged it into the WW app and used 6 sprays and it still says 0 points (scares me a tiny bit as to what sort of chemical it actually is), but it tastes and looks like melted butter and then I sprinkle a dash of blackened seasoning on it and it is a yummy treat. It takes me back to the roasted corn on the cob I use to get at the fair.

I have used lots of blackened seasoning, red pepper flakes, paprika, and low sodium taco seasoning. I use Rotel tomatoes in lots of recipes that call for tomatoes.

These are just a few of the spices that I use. I have been trying to cut back on salt, because I DO LOVE IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Try Mrs Dash original. We use it on chicken and grilled veggies( yellow squash and zucchini) I have mixed with soft cream cheese for veggie dip "on the fly" So you had a HAMBUGER STEAK !!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

.

.