Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Got in a little bit of exercise with Dwayne today

We had the day off together today, so after sleeping in a bit, we decided to hit the gym.  Usually when we go together it is after work when it is crazy busy.  I try to go on my days off when it is laid back and not so many people there.

He likes to walk on the treadmill in the air conditioning and watch TV, I can't stand the treadmill, I much prefer to walk outside.  Lucky for us, the gym that we go to is a mile and a half from home, so he drove and I walked up there.  To get there I have to walk through the neighborhood, then through this little wooded area (it is paved and lit, so not like I am out in the country) and then follow the walking track around to the gym.  It is my favorite part of my walk, other than the walking playlist on my ipod.


When I got there and drank water - I KNOW!!!!!!  I was thirsty!  We did the exercise weight machines.  We even went into the zumba room and I showed him some of the exercises we do with the huge exercise balls.

Then we went to the gymnasium part, no one was in there so we played a little basketball.  We both said that was the best part of the workout.  We even did a little Biggest Loser type of exercise where we each had a ball and threw the ball back and forth while going down the court.  It was funny, I could even run from one end of the gym to the other.  It felt good.  

Then we went to the grocery together.  He is the King of the grill, so he was looking for lean options in the meat department, I was getting all sorts of veggies that I could grill and lots of fresh fruit.

This afternoon, I did my meal prep for the rest of the work week and we grilled chicken and zucchini for dinner.  It was Dee-Lish!

I love this time of year when it is not too hot, the food is fresh and tasty, and more than anything, I love spending time with my husband.

He's a keeper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.