Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Before and Now - Ooooo Weeeee!

Recently I posted a Before and Now picture of just my face and with some encouragement, I am posting a full length photo of my Before and Now. It is funny, I can see the difference, but the "old" me feels like I have to defend or justify it by saying that the smaller picture was taken a bit farther back giving the illusion that I am smaller, it was not on purpose, I just couldn't get it to work in the photo collage....blah, blah, blah. I get so sick of my own thinking sometimes. I just want to be proud of the accomplishment so far and people that care about me will be proud that I am on the road to becoming healthier.
Down 38 pounds

I have always heard that as Oprah and others have lost weight in the past, it was so much more than just about eating and exercise. There is such an emotional side to my weight issues. Self image and self esteem are huge for me. I am slowly trying to break down those walls.

For this past week, I decided if someone says that I am looking nice with my weight loss, I will just say "thank you"..........not "Oh, but I still have 75 pounds to go".

I am so thankful for my friends and family that are so supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.