Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Special Thank You to my friend from work - YOU know who you are :O)

I probably only have a handful of people that read my silly ole blog, but one of the readers is a friend from work.  She texted me yesterday after my post comparing my progress.  She has been such an encouragement through this journey and I want her to know how much I appreciate her texts.  They mean so much to me.

She told me that, herself being a petite woman, she still struggles with weight issues.  It was eye opening, I see a skinny person and I think, wow, I would love to have her metabolism or just be born skinny, not realizing that they are working just as hard as a larger person is to keep the weight off.

She said she could really tell a difference in my face.  I guess looking in the mirror every day, all I can really see is how many more wrinkles I have and how much grey you can see in my roots.  I was looking for a picture of my grandsons today and saw this pic taken at Thanksgiving 2015.  I compared it to the one taken this Sunday on Easter with my family.

I guess I CAN tell a difference.  And not just the darker hair :O)  Thank you my friend (she is very shy about social media, so I don't want to list her name, but she will know who it is)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.