Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

SHQ at Community Bible Church



We had the opportunity to sing at Community Bible Church, formerly Speedway Baptist Church down off of Jackson and I-240.  It is an inner city, multi ethnic church.  Wow is all I can say.  We went to bless them and we received the blessing, indeed.  What a time of testimony they had, a lady who had been laid off from her job of 30 years has been out of work for 2 years and hit rock bottom but continued to surrender to God.  She finally was able to receive disability and is giving back to her church and the ministry there.  A lady that the church had ministered to at Jail East for women accepted Christ as her savior.  The time of invitation was beautiful.  It is something that is missing in so many churches these days.  I know that people say that it is an time of emotion and people only come forward out of the emotion....I don't believe that, I believe that the spirit has a chance to move and people have an opportunity to answer to the spirits calling.  It was a great day to be in the Lord's house.  I sure do hope they invite us back there.

Caleb, Jeff's son, video'd some songs for us.  He did a great job....too bad the podium was right in the way.  Thank you Caleb for trying though.

"Here I Am To Worship"

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.