Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, March 4, 2016

Servants Heart Quartet

Just in case you don't follow my husband on social media, he sings baritone for a southern gospel group called Servants Heart Quartet.  I have filled in occasionally singing the alto/tenor part.  Last week their tenor singer resigned.  The guys asked me to fill in for them until they can find another tenor.  Soooooooo................
I have always loved singing.  Growing up, that was my favorite part of church.  I played the flute and I sang - not at the same time of course :O).  Back then, I sang soprano, but really, as I have gotten older, alto is more my range.  Rhonda played the guitar and we sang growing up.  I also have always sang in the choir at church, and a solo or duet occasionally, but I have never really considered myself a singer.  Actually, I can't stand to hear my own voice, but it blends well with the guys, and heaven knows that I already know the songs from attending most all of their concerts over the past 8 years.

I have filled in quite a few times, so I am not quite so nervous anymore and it is getting easier.  What I do know is that I love my husband and I want to support whatever he is doing.  If that means getting out of my comfort zone to help him, then that is what I will do.  Besides that, the guys are all funny and silly and a joy to be around.  There have been a few people that said SHQ sure does look better with a girl singing.........ha!!!!  And a couple people have compared my sound to Vestal Goodman of the Happy Goodmans.  Really BIG HA!!!!  

So, if you see a post on Facebook about SHQ singing...........DON"T LAUGH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.