Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Why will sleep not come???

Well, here it is almost 1 in the morning and I have been to bed twice, and yet, when I close my eyes, my mind just fills with pictures and thoughts and then the crying starts. I got up both times after a little while, thinking that I could get a "do over". When I laid down the second time, I had a glass of milk and laid there reading my new bible - The Message. I don't really know much about the translation, like where it comes from, or who translated it (I guess that would be something good to know), but I do know that Mark Lowry, the comedian, reads it and he is southern baptist, so it is probably good enough for me! Anyway, it is very easy to read, and I have been reading in Ecclesiastes about the seasons of life and the reasons for everything. I enjoy the reading and prayers that I pray in my mind, but I still cannot shut my mind down so that the sleep will come. I will try again............k

2 comments:

  1. Hope you will be able to get some rest soon. We are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I did not even know if anyone would find my blog on here. Glad you found it. I had gotten so use to writing everyday on Caring Bridge that I really missed it. Also, we all know that your brother does not talk so much and sometimes I just need a place to share my feelings and get my thoughts out.
    I love you and appreciate your prayers.
    Also, I can't believe it has been 7 years since your dad died. I am so sorry..........I have been thinking of your family this last week too as I have been grieving for my own momma.
    love ya, k

    ReplyDelete

.

.

.

.