Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, January 15, 2010

One Week Down

Well, I made it through my first week back at work....if you could call it that. I only worked two eight hour shifts and got canceled today, but Oh Well! At least I tried. I am back on the permanent schedule and, for now, being off is not an option, unless I get canceled again...oh how I LOVE to get the phone call. Fortunately for me, the census was low in the newborn center, so I was able to ease back in and take a few not so sick babies and get my feet wet again. Nothing too mind numbing. In a couple of weeks, I will even be in charge again. Hopefully it won't be too bad. All of the nurses and NNPs have been so great, and even the attendings have been coming up and hugging me and giving condolences. It is so funny to think that they are actually caring human beings.

I did have to take care of a couple of things for momma this week and it was somewhat strange to give them her death certificates and talk about her in the past tense. I guess I am getting more use to it, though. There is still so much to do, but we are taking it just one day at a time.

I have missed talking to her all day every day...there have been several times that I wanted to pick up the phone and tell her just one thing, but then realized she is not there any more. I called Mandie one day on the way home from work and one day I called my dad. He has been so good through this whole thing. It has really brought us closer together.

I am going to a wedding shower tomorrow and it will be nice. It is for one of our old neighbor girls. It will be good to be with their family for a while. They all loved Momma so much and the feeling was very mutual.

I guess I will close for now, I am taking Annabeth to a girls sleepover at the children's director's house and then picking up Austin at the Theater Conference at the High School.

Till then.............k

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.