Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

We got a little dusting of snow last night and the kids are out of school. When I got up this morning, my first thought was...."momma has to be so cold out there". I know SHE is not there, that SHE has gone on to be with the Lord, but just yesterday I went to take flowers out to the cemetary and it seemed so cold. All of the water features had frozen and it just seemed so sad. They had removed all of her funeral sprays, so I wanted her to have flowers of her own....if for no other reason, than so that other people would know that she was loved.

My sister has gone to take her friend back home, so we are dog sitting. She is such a sweet pooch and Annabeth loves her so much. Having Sophie and Skipper around makes me really feel like I live in a zoo.

I am trying to decide about going back to work. My brain is telling me to go.....get back in the swing of things and get back to normal...whatever that is. But my heart is telling me that it is too soon. How will I be away from home for 13 hours a day, and trying to make life and death decisions for a baby in the NICU. I don't know what I will do. Thankfully, my job is being very supportive and understanding. I guess it will depend on money too....the bills keep on coming.

I am going to make chili for supper tonight......I tried to make taco casserole the other night and burned it, so hopefully, my attention span will be better tonight. Chili seems like such a cold weather thing to make.

Oh well, I guess I will go for now..............talk to you soon. k

2 comments:

  1. I love your blogs! Take your time about work. It will be here for you when you are certain. Miss you and hope to see you at Go Girl Art Sunday. I think Robin is going too! I'm excited to have some girl time.--Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a blog! This is a great way to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

.

.