Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

He Knows My Name

We sang this song tonight in the choir and I absolutely love it.  The first time I heard the song was in 2002 right after the 9/11 Tragedy.  We were living in Bogalusa, Louisiana at the time.  Someone had made a video of all of the devastation from the Twin Towers along with this song.  How comforting it is to know that He knows MY name....little ole Kay.

Dwayne and I were talking tonight about how blessed we are to have found Lakeland First Baptist Church.  We feel so at home there.  The pastor, Chris Hodges, is great.  He breaks things down where it is easy to understand.  We have started a bible study through Abiding Above ministries called the Mailbox Club.  I am currently on Practical Christian Living.  Choir is wonderful.  Jim Avery, the music minister is hilarious, but he can really break a song down so you can truly understand the meaning.  Our kids love it, especially Austin.  We have been searching for a long time, and really feel that this is where the Lord wants us to serve.  We are thankful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.