Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, June 13, 2016

What I don't miss being on Weight Watchers

I saw this little cartoon and it really did strike me as funny. So often I feel like all I do is think about food. How many points this food is, planning a grocery list, how many points do I have left, where can we eat, what can I cook, how many weekly points do I have, how many more points will I have, I need to go for a walk, I need to go to the gym, I wonder what the scale it.


It is so crazy, it is always on my mind. Part of me misses just "being" and doing and eating what I wanted to, but not really.

I don't miss being tired and exhausted all of the time, I don't miss not being able to sit in a booth at restaurants, I don't miss having a hard time fitting into theater seats, I don't miss having a hard time bringing the groceries in from the car, I don't miss getting winded at work, I don't miss struggling for air at the top of the stairs after walking up from the cafeteria at lunch, I don't miss how I looked melted and poured into my big clothes, I don't miss having to buy almost everything online because rarely does a store carry a size 26W.

I hope that one day this truly does become a lifestyle for me and that I don't have to think about it so much, but for right now, it does not come second nature to me. Until then I will continue to use the tools that WW provides and reach out to my community of friends and keep on trusting the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.