Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

St. Jude 10K - What was I thinking???

Friends:
I have decided to take the plunge with my friends at work and participate in the St. Jude 10K race.  You read that right....10K.....6.2 miles.  I think I can, I think I can!!  I have done a few 5K races before and since I am on a journey to a healthier me, I feel like I can train and do this. 

"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

I would like for my walking/running (I use that term very lightly) to make an impact. As I train for my race, I will be raising funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

We all know someone effected by cancer.  For me it was my grandmother (Mary Thorne) and also my sweet momma (Barbara Thorne).  Momma was my biggest fan and I miss her so much.  

The research done at St. Jude for children's cancer can also impact the way we treat cancers in adult.  I HATE cancer, so whatever we can do to cure it once and for all, the better I will like it.

St. Jude also treats other blood disorders.  A couple of years ago, our daughter Annabeth was suffering from anemia and they thought she had a bleeding disorder.  We spent a day at St. Jude as a patient and it was the best experience we could have imagined.  Thankfully, it was a false positive on the blood test.  We were so grateful.

My fundraising goal is not very big.  If you would consider making a donation to the kids at St. Jude, you will be a HERO too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.