Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Planning my first weightloss reward

Growing up, we lived out in the country and we had horses. We lived down an old dirt road, had a garden, played outside from sun up till sun down and we rode horses. Our first was a Shetland pony, then as my sister and I got too tall for the pony, we got a couple of quarter horses and a Tennessee walking horse. I have loved horses my whole life, but as I put on more and more weight, I was afraid I weighed too much to ride, and also it was harder and harder to get up on the horse, putting so much weight in the stirrup....in fact, the last time I remember riding was on a deacon's retreat and Bo Bradley and Robert Hemphill had to help boost me up on the horse.


Well, there is a farm near our home that has trail rides and you can rent their horses. They are beautiful. There is a weight limit to ride. I want to be well under the weight limit in case they pull out a rusty ole scale, I would die of embarrassment if I was over the limit.

Soooooo............I cannot wait until I reach that first personal goal and reward myself with going horse back riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.