Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Senior Fitness


Ok, so the picture is a tiny bit deceiving.  I DID go to the Senior Fitness class today, but I am certainly NOT flexible.  I am really not even a senior, although I do have an AARP card - from my husband of course, but I needed something a little more low impact because of my weight.

It was a really big class.  I decided to get in the front so I could see the girl teaching and the  different moves.  The problem with that is that I am very uncoordinated and out of shape, therefore, I felt very self conscious about people "looking at me".  I did have to rest every 10 minutes or so, but each person had a chair if they needed it.  After 30 minutes of aerobics, we did some stretching and weights.  It was better.  It is still hard when you are lugging all of this extra weight.  I think about it each time I bring in 2 twelve packs of diet coke from the car to the house, how much more weight am I carrying around each and every day that I can't put down???  I will never forget when Oprah lost all of that weight doing Opti-fast (my momma did it too at the same time).  She pulled a wagon out on stage full of fat to symbolize the weight she had lost.  It made an impact on me.


I did learn a couple of things..........bring water!  and it is OK to sit down if you need to, just don't stop.

Thanks for the ladies and man that came by to encourage me that even if I sit down, to not give up.....rest a couple of minutes and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.