Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Momma's special gift

Today was the 5th anniversary of Momma's death.  In memory of her, I wore my special necklace that she gave me her last Christmas that we shared.

She knew that her time on earth was short, she was on hospice, and she wanted to give each of us something special for Christmas that year.  She found these Kay Jewelry's Open Heart Collection Angel necklaces.  She got one for each of us girls in the family to always feel her close in our hearts.  She also got Austin an engraved pocket watch and Dwayne an engraved money clip. 

She made Dwayne promise that if her time was drawing near, that we were to move Christmas up and let her see us open our special gifts.  The hospice nurses told us that time was getting close, so we all went over on December 20th and had a special time together.  It was crazy, momma had been mostly unresponsive for a couple of days, but she woke up to open those presents.  As you can imagine, there were lots of tears shed, but it was a sweet time.

I will always treasure her gift to me, but more than that I will cherish the legacy that she left behind of being kind, caring, loving, giving, loud, funny, she was more than my momma, she was my friend.  I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.