Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life.....I hope!


Well, today is the day. What can I say??? I have had it with being big. I always say that I wear "party girl size" clothes, but really, I hate it that I have to wear plus sizes. I am embarrassed, I am sure that I embarrass my kids with my size, but mostly, I need to get healthy. I am so out of shape and out of breath, even that is embarrassing. Walking up the hill at work or up the stairs from the cafeteria, I am so short of breath. I am just too young.

I decided that I was the only one that can control my own destiny. I joined Weight Watchers. I need accountability and a community of people to give me tips, encourage me and to talk to. They say not to look at this as a diet, but as a "live it". I like that.

I know that it will be a tough, long road, but what do I have but time, anything is better than nothing. I am hoping that by blogging about it and showing pictures that are not photo-shopped or re-touched, that it will make me work harder.

So, hopefully next week I will be a Loser................just kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.