Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 3 - It is HOT outside!!

This has been a tough week.  I did my Week 2 Homework on Saturday and did pretty good considering it was 97 degrees outside.  I did rest much of the afteroon, by evening I was feeling sick at my stomach.  Not surprised because there is a bit of the bug going around.  Anyway, was sick all day Sunday, and then also Monday morning.  I called my running buddy and told her I was not able to go to training Monday night.  Well, it had been cancelled because the heat index was going up to 109.  Soooooo.....I guess I got out of going to training without missing anything.  I walked Tuesday morning, but did not try to run.  Today, I tried to do my week 3 homework and I got so tired.  I just don't have the stamina yet.  Run 2:00 and walk 3:00 for 30 minutes does not seem like much, but I am carrying around a whole other person.  I don't want to give up, but cannot help but hear my inner mind asking "can you really do this?"  "What if you can't finish?"  "What if you get hurt?" 

My friend just keeps encoraging me and telling me that I WILL finish, and that I CAN do this.  I am forever grateful for her support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.