Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 1 of Memphis Women Walk Run

I signed up for the Memphis Women's Run Walk training program at Shelby Farms.  We will train to run/walk in a 5K in September.  We will go weekly on Monday evenings for 10 weeks. 

I have been drinking water all day today (I know, can you believe it) and boy does water make you need to tinkle.  I got to Shelby Farms early and the Lord was shining down on me I guess because it was cloudy, breezy and 85 degrees.....not the 98 degrees it had been just a few days prior.  Anyway, I started out at the back of the pack (did I mention that there are hundreds of women running).  We ran 1 minute and walked 2 minutes for a total of 25 minutes.  There are many, many coaches throughout the pack and they were a real encouragement.  I did manage to stay caught up with the rest of the pack, although I had to walk probably more than run, but it will come.  It is not about "racing" it is about setting a goal and accomplishing it. 

Did I mention that when I pulled in to the parking lot, that I pulled in right behind the ambulance.  I thought oh my goodness, please dear Lord, don't let me have to see the inside of that thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.