Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sarah and Noah


Sarah has given me the greatest gift.........my first grand child. There is nothing like it.  Noah came 6 weeks early. It was so scary to see Sarah so sick. There was nothing I could do to fix it. That was very odd for me because I have always tried to "fix" things for her. She had the baby and he was a little fella. He stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks. Even though I work in a NICU, it is not the same when the patient is your grandbaby. He did very well, and came home weighing a whopping 4 pounds. He is now up to 9 pounds. I say that he looks more and more like me every day.....that round, plump cheeks, those rolls on his legs, dimples on his hiney.....all looks alot like his Mimi.

Sarah is working hard, fulltime at a restaurant, PRN at a nursing home, and also taking a medical transcription course. She is hoping to follow in Grandmomma's footsteps and become a medical transcriptionist and maybe one day be able to work from home.

She has had it tough, being that she is a single mom, but she amazes me every day in all that she does. I am very proud of her and love her very much.

Her and Austin jokingly (I hope) say that Annabeth is the golden child and that I love her best. I hope that they each know that I love them each the best in their own special way.

Being a mom is great, being a mimi is even greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.