Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Austin



What can I say? He makes me laugh, he is very kind and sweet, and he makes me CRAZY! He is a 16 year old boy, driving a car, forgetting to call to check in, makes me CRAZY! He is very focused on his own life right now....friends, school, extracurricular activities. He is very NOT focused on his home life, chores, getting a J-O-B. We are trying to change that. We are trying to direct him into a successful path at college....he wants to go to college.....just wants a major that will be hard to get a job in and may not make much money. I am like the momma bird, I love my kids, but am looking forward to the day that I can push them out of the nest and watch them fly on their own (just kidding, sorta). Maybe that is why God allows the teen, high school years to be so trying and dramatic. I mean, who would want their little sweet toddler going off to school and moving out and getting married??? No one, they are too sweet. But who doesn't want their smart mouth, curfew breaking, sleeps all day long, can't remember to take out the trash, keeps you worried for hours on end when their phone is on "silent", to get the heck on out. I know that it will be sad, but then your relationship changes. I know with Sarah, I was as ready for her to move out as she was. Now we are more like friends. I like it.

Don't get me wrong.....Little Boy makes me laugh....usually I am laughing the hardest, during those times I am attempting to lecture him about something. He is just like Jeremy in the cartoon Zits. But I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.