Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hotty Toddy

As you know, I become a Football Widow about this time of year each year.  Dwayne loves nothing more on a fall day than football and southern gospel music.  He is an Ole Miss Rebel through and through.  He is also a Dallas Cowboy to the bone.  He is not a fair weather fan of either, he roots for them when it seems no one else does.

We have got an Ole Miss room in our house.  I try so hard to support his love for the game.....even enduring it on TV for 12-14 hours on Saturday and 8-10 hours on Sunday.  This is the only time of the year that he is glued to the TV.

I try to embrace the game.  I try to learn what they are doing.  I love to watch him watch Ole Miss or the Cowboys on TV.  He gets so excited, so happy, so mad, so disappointed.  And for someone who is so quiet all of the time, THIS is the time that he talks.....to me, to the TV, to anyone who will listen.  He just loves Football.

This is the time of the year that he lets his Joe Creel show through.  If Ole Miss wins, he will very subtley (is that even a word???) wear Red and Blue and maybe an Ole Miss tie to church....ha!

We always go to two or three games each season.  I, of course, like to go to games with non-SEC teams.....the reason is two-fold.....the tickets are cheaper.....in hopes that we can spread out in the stadium and also because I love for them to score and hear the cannon and shout the Hotty Toddy cheer.  Dwayne always wants to go to an SEC game or two because the closer the game it is, the more exciting the game is.  Its good if they win, but if they lose, it is a LONG ride home from Oxford.

I have made some yard art before, so this year, I made a football for the front yard.  It turned out kind of cute....very whimsical, not really artistic, just a cutesy, free-hand football.

Sooooo..............if you are looking for us on a Saturday or Sunday between now and oh, let's say Thanksgiving, unless Servant's Heart Quartet is singing somewhere, you can probably find us at home in front of the TV or in the Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.