Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Butter Cake ....YUMMY!!!

With the new season of the Cake Boss on TV, I have been watching too many cake shows and craving wedding cake..........it is my absolute favorite!!!!

Noah, Hunter and Dallas were staying over last night and I decided to make a cake.  I googled how to make a cake taste more like a bakery cake, soooooo..............

CAKE
1 Duncan Hines white cake mix
substituted milk instead of water
instead of oil, I used real butter and used 1.5 times what was called for
I added 2 extra egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
Baked as directed.

BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
6 cups of confectioners sugar
4 sticks of butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp milk
whipped it on high until fluffy

I used square cake pans and cut each layer in half because I LOVE buttercream.  I made the filling between the layers too thick, and did not have enough to really frost the sides very nicely.  It tasted good, but - even for me who loves buttercream - it was WAY too much frosting.

The cake was yummy though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.