Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Tomorrow is the Big Day - 5K Graduation

After 3 months of training, tomorrow is the big day.  I am going to do my first 5K.  You notice I did not say run my first 5K, because unfortunately I still walk alot more than run, but I am going to be out there trying and that is what really matters.

Folks have asked me what my goal time is for tomorrow.  I say simply that I want to finish.  I jokingly say that I don't want to be the one running in front of the truck picking up the cones, but someone has to be last, and if that happens to be me, I will be ok.  It will be something that I can laugh about.  The important thing is that I got off of my tookus and did something that I am afraid to do.  It has been a struggle, but I have gotten stronger.  That was the goal of all of this. 

I would like to thank my running buddy Larisa, for being a great encouragement to me during these months.  She has more faith in my ability than I have in myself.  I would not be doing this tomorrow if not for her texts and calls and pep talks.  I am going to miss you tomorrow, Larisa, but I know you are having fun on your cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.