Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 6 - Running in the Rain

This week, I have been so discouraged.  I still can only run MAYBE 2 minutes, then I have to walk for a bit, and this week we are running 3 minutes, walk 1 minute for a total of 40 minutes.  So, knowing that there is no way I can do that, I decided to train with the Walkers today.  I told my running buddy and she was just afraid I was quitting.  I assured her I am still trying, but that my throat hurt, my right foot feels like it is on fire when I run, and I was just gonna walk tonight.  On the way to the training site it started pouring down rain, seriously the bottom fell out, windshield wipers on high and still can't see driving down Germantown Parkway.  I got to the site and it is a huge church parking lot that has huge electrical wiring strung all across.  They decided to cancel due to lightening.  They also told me that if you run AT ALL, you will be disqualified if you race as a Walker.  I left a little sad because I was "all dressed up and no place to go", so I drove over to the Beginner Runners training site that I usually go to.  It is more of an open field area without electrical wires and no lightening, so they were gonna train.  I was a little bit behind just out of the gate because I wasa little late getting there, but I trudged ahead.  I ran a bit, walked a bit.  I did not catch up to them until they turned around.....actually, I guess they caught up with me :O) 

Anyway, the moral to this story is that I would much rather run in the rain than in full sun with a heat index of 113 degrees, and just never give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.