Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

OPI Infinite Shine Review

I have been getting Shellac on my nails for about 6 months and my nail beds are getting very thin from soaking in the acetone every couple of weeks.  I decided to give the OPI long lasting color a try.  They claim it will stay on for up to 14 days.  We shall see.

The color is Pretty Pink.....this is Day 1.

Day 2 and I already have a chip.  I guess to be fair to OPI, I have just finished having Shellac and soaking my nails and having them peeled off for the last 6 months so my nails are very weak in the first place. Even shampooing my hair my nails will fold back, so this could be part of why it chipped so early.  Also, the color at the nail shop was FOR REAL almost empty and the girl diluted it with acetone to make it runny so she could polish my nails.  I asked her if it would make it less likely to stay on very well and she assured me that it would not make a difference.  We will see how it goes.  I had some regular nail polish similar in color so I touched it up.  We can't have chipped nails at work due to infection potential working with the babies.  I will keep you posted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.