Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, January 2, 2015

MedFest 2015

MedFest 2015 is fast approaching.  I have already started taking my anti-malarial medications, so that means I leave within the next 2 weeks.  I am starting to get nervous, not about the work so much as the fear of getting sick.  It seems that so many people have the flu - even ones that have had the flu shot, and also the stomach bug....yuk!!!  That is what I do not want to happen.

Anyway, I was sitting her having myself a little pity party about stuff that was totally unrelated, so I decided to make myself feel alot better by paying some bills on this fine Friday night.  As I was sitting her, my Facebook dinged.

I had a message from Jeyling, the interpreter that I used the first 2 days of Medfest last year.  We have remained Facebook friends and I have enjoyed seeing pictures of other mission trips that she has worked for throughout the year.

She said she got the call to come interpret for MedFest again this year.  They asked if she had anyone in mind that she would like to work alongside.  She asked if she could work with me again.  Isn't that the sweetest thing....what a blessing to be with this sweet girl again.  She was so kind and gentle and I enjoyed every minute working with her.

Please continue to pray for me and my team, and also Jeyling as we prepare our hearts for the work that we will be doing.  Also pray for the Nicaraguan people, that their hearts may be prepared to hear the gospel.

1 comment:

  1. I know it has to put you at ease that Jeyling will be with you again. I always feel better when I have someone or something familiar with me. I pray that you will stay well and that amazing things happen on this journey!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

.

.