Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Somewhere in the Middle" - by Casting Crowns

"Do I have deep water faith in the shallow end??"

Frontman Mark Hall wrote the lyrics for this song after a disheartening afternoon of reading through the MySpace pages of the kids in his church youth group. Prompted to go there by a student, Hall was upset that the messages they wrote didn't gel with the teachings they were getting at church. The Casting Crowns explained on his record label's website: "Seeing the antithesis of what was being proclaimed at church and what was really going on with my kids didn't make me angry or frustrated. It just made me hurt for them and how stuck out there they feel and how they don't know what else to do but to try to fit in. It wasn't just about them. The end result in that lyric is my own lament that I could have a greater friendship with God, but I don't… It's the frustration of my own life. Why in the world do I have to force myself to spend time with God. If I had an everyday friendship with Jesus, I'd be a better encourager, I'd be a better forgiver, and I wouldn't be as selfish as I am. God has blessed me with amazing self-awareness, a firm grasp of the obvious, but I don't always 'get' it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.