Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Love Birds

This is probably my favorite painting that I have done. It is funny too. I really did not care much about doing this, but my friend Joyce, really wanted to do it because they were going to be using different mediums, such as bubble wrap and old books. I decided to go because just going to paint is fun, whether I like the painting or not. The fence posts are pages of an old yellowed book deco-page'd onto the canvas, we lightly "white-washed" the paint over them. If you look at the painting up close, you can still read the words through the paint. Then the clouds, we painted onto the bubble wrap and then pressed them onto the canvas. It was alot of hard work. Joy and Joyce were both with me and we had bunches of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.