Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm Ready to Smash the Scale


I am so frustrated and tired of this. I have been following the Weight Watchers plan faithfully for 6 weeks now and have lost a total of 10 pounds. You might say thats not so bad, 1-2 pounds per week, but the problem is that for the last three weeks I have gained 0.8 lb, lost 0.4 lb, then today gained 0.4 lb. All I can think about is the things that I have missed out on in the last three weeks.....had chicken instead of steak at Logan's STEAK house. Ate salad instead of a hamburger and fries, got a kids meal of spaghetti and marinara instead of the Baked spaghetti with cheese and meatballs. Snuck in air popped popcorn at the movies. We have only eaten out maybe once a week for the past 6 weeks.....that is alot less for us, I have taken my lunch every day to work......UGHHH!!! It is just so frustrating. I am just ready to throw in the towel.

I know, I know.......just think where I would be if I had not been following the program these last few weeks.....well, I would probably be the very same. I was within 3 pounds of my starting weight as the the last 2 times I started weight watchers (in 2006 and 2009). I guess I am very good at maintaining this figure.

You may also be thinking that Weight Watchers is a way of life, not a diet. I agree, but you don't just wake up and your whole mind set is changed. It takes time to change habits and change your way of thinking. For me, right now, it is alot of work, planning, shopping, cooking, preparing, thinking.....when what I really want to do is eat a bag of chips. I will figure it out somehow, but until then, I don't know what to do.........thanks for letting me whine.

I'm just kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.