Just our family

Just our family

More like the REAL us

More like the REAL us

Always Laughing

Always Laughing
My photo
I am a wife and mother of three great kids, Sarah, Austin and Annabeth. Mimi to three sweet grandsons, Noah and Hunter, and Dallas. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a large inner city hospital. So, sit back and relax, this is the story of our family.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

I went to a Christmas ladies tea at Faith Baptist Church with some sweet friends.  The tables were all decorated so beautifully to give us different ideas about how to decorate for Christmas.  They were simple to elegant.  I loved it.  I would love to have a beautiful house with lovely decorations, but who am I kidding, I will use the same stuff that I have used for 25 years for sentimental reasons.  I  NEED that glittery toilet paper roll on my tree.

The food was yummy, we had cute guys serving us in red bow ties, so sweet.  The cake was good.....why does a 5 layer cake taste so much better than a 2 layer cake? My friend, Chris, and some ladies did a HILARIOUS skit about friendship and forgiveness with the Hair Roller Ladies.  Good stuff, reminded me of the Mama's Family sketches.

Then Karin Conlee, pastor's wife of High Point Church (hey, I bet they are kin to "Dwayne an 'em") spoke.  She used the verse from Isaiah 9:6 ".....and he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace".  I have seen all of those sayings on banners in churches all across the land, but tonight I really thought about what the names really mean.

1. Wonderful Counselor - isn't it great that when we have problems or just need a friend to talk to that he is always there, we just have to call on his name, he will never leave us nor forsake us.
2. Mighty God - he is strong and mighty, he can do anything if it is his will.  We just need to call on Mighty God and believe that he is able.
3. Everlasting Father - I am a Daddy's Girl.  Now that momma is gone, sometimes I think about the pain that losing her caused and I just dread that day that I lose my daddy.  It seems like he can do anything, he can fix anything, he knows all of the answers.  How much more so can God do for us?  He is our everlasting father.
4.  Prince of Peace - how many moms out there just want peace in the house, in the marriage, in the workplace.  And how many of us always dreamed of being a disney princess?  He is the prince of peace.  We are a child of the king, therefore I am a princess.

We were encouraged to remind our families of these simple truths this Christmas season.  We get so lost in the buying of gifts, going to parties, making sure our home is perfect, when really the greatest gift ever given was given to us long ago in the form of an innocent child.  He came to save us and give us eternal life. Me.....He came to save ME....He knows MY name.....wow!

Christmas was never about the gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

.

.